Wilson Jermaine Heredia (born December 2, 1971) is an American actor of Dominican Republic origin known for his portrayal of Angel Dumott Schunard in the Broadway musical RENT, for which he won the Tony Award and Drama Desk Award for Best Featured Actor in a musical. He also reprised the role in the 2005 Film version of Rent.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He appeared 1999's Flawless, where he worked opposite former RENT cast mate Daphne Rubin-Vega.
- Heredia stated that he enjoys the transformation process involved in assuming the persona of the cross-dressing Angel, but dislikes having makeup on his face and found the high heels he had to wear as part of his costume extremely painful.
- He enjoys filming because the close up shots allow him to "cut loose" and go wild a lot more than the stage allows.
- Heredia says he enjoyed the blackly comedic parody of Rent in the film Team America: World Police, which features a fictional Broadway musical called Lease.
- In the film version of Rent during "Today 4 U" Angel jumps up onto the table. Wilson Jermaine Heredia did two takes of that jump; the first take is in the movie, but on the second take he slammed his knees into the table.